The Michigan Theatre

The theater's proscenium arch.
The theater’s proscenium arch.

Built on the site of Henry Ford’s first garage, the Michigan Theatre opened on August 23, 1926 in Detroit, Michigan. The 4,038 seat theater was designed by Chicago-based theater architecture firm Rapp & Rapp (also known for the Kings Theatre in Brooklyn) for the Balaban and Katz Theatre Corporation.

Continue reading “The Michigan Theatre”

Advertisements