Sattler Theatre

a close up of the front of the Sattler Theater now known as the Broadway Theater

The front of the Sattler Theatre

The Sattler Theatre opened in 1914 and was built on a site that had been used for other theaters in the past.  The Sattler Theatre was comissioned by John G. Sattler, the founder of Sattler’s, a local Buffalo department store.  It was designed by architect Henry L. Span,  who designed many of Buffalo’s theaters, including the North Park Theatre, which is still in use. Continue reading