Road Trip 2013

May 28, 2013

_MG_3046

Hi everyone – I’m on another trip photographing some of America’s abandoned theaters. Keep an eye out on the blog for updates over the next week.

© Matthew Lambros and After the Final Curtain, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Matthew Lambros and After the Final Curtain with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

1. Laz permalink
    May 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi Matt, How are you? Any chance you’ll be visiting the Palace & Majestic in Bridgeport? Thanks, Lazaros

Sent from my iPhone

• May 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi Laz – not this time. I’m currently traveling around the Midwest/South.

2. May 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Sounds fun

3. John Coulter permalink
    May 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey Matt, THANK YOU for all these interesting Photos of these former Movie Palaces around the country. Any chance that you will be doing a PBS Special or maybe a DISCOVERY Channel Special about these Movie Houses? I wish you would.

4. May 29, 2013 9:17 am

Hi! I’ve nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Click on the link below to read my post about it and learn the rules you are asked to follow on being nominated. Nothing is obligatory of course!

5. Showman94 permalink
    July 20, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Matt!
    Love your work…I was curious about getting more information on the Theater above.. Thanks

6. Joe Petrosino permalink
    August 3, 2013 8:18 am

Matt, Was the information for the theater that appeared as the heading photo on the first day of the 2013 Road Trip, ever posted? I couldn’t find anything on it. I know I was not the only one who inquired.. It was a Loew’s State, no location given. Thank for all the photos

Joe

• August 3, 2013 8:52 am

Joe – I haven’t posted anything else about this theater yet. Probably not until sometime in the fall.

Thanks!

• Joe Petrosino permalink
        October 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Thank you Matt for remembering me. I recently found out the idenity, when you offered prints of that wonderful header shot. It was a real mystery trying to track the theater down. I did see the recent movie filmed there, the building still appears to be in nice shape, lets hope something is done to preserve it. I’m sure your great photos of the State will be enjoyed by many, and points out another treasure of New Orleans. Thanks again

Joe